This is interesting:
In case you’re wondering, here are a few more details:
“Lancashire County Council have had their government funding cut by a further £262 million & are now only able to provide statutory services. As a result of funding cuts, 40 libraries & several important museums across Lancashire are to close. Lancashire’s (& Britain’s) history is being thrown away.
“The library & museum closure programme;
• is a disastrous decision for both Lancashire & the North West
• County Museum Service has been carefully & professionally built up since the mid-1970s,
• consider likely response of bodies such as HLF who have invested £millions,
• was regarded as one of the finest public library services in Western Europe,
• libraries are community hubs,
• closure of 40 libraries challenged under 1964 PLMA legislation
• over 100 libraries lost last year, 441 since 2010”
I took the above from a UK government e-petition calling for the Conservative Government to “Stop Lancashire’s tragic library & museum closures by proper government funding”.
Mr Maynard is invited not to participate.
But you can sign the petition here, if you like.
Join the Vox Political Facebook page.
If you have appreciated this article, don’t forget to share it using the buttons at the bottom of this page. Politics is about everybody – so let’s try to get everybody involved!
Vox Political needs your help!
If you want to support this site
(but don’t want to give your money to advertisers)
you can make a one-off donation here:
Buy Vox Political books so we can continue
fighting for the facts.
Health Warning: Government! is now available
in either print or eBook format here:
The first collection, Strong Words and Hard Times,
is still available in either print or eBook format here: