Here’s an interesting website for you – IN Facts. It seems to be a site aimed at debunking myths put about by the ‘Leave’ camp in the EU referendum campaign.
There are just 100 days to go until the UK votes on whether it wants to remain in the EU or leave it – and 100 days to stamp out the myths being propagated by the Leave camp. Here are 19 (there are many more) ranging from the serious to the laughable.
- UK sends £55 million a day to Brussels
- EU needs us more than we need it
- Over half of UK laws come from EU
- Terrorist sleeper agents will come to UK because we’re in EU
- EU restricts our ability to deport people who are a threat to security
- We can trade freely with EU without accepting free movement
- Britain will be dragged “willy-nilly”into European superstate
- UK is dictated to by Brussels
- EU wants Turkey to become a member in five years
- EU produces 2,500 new regulations each year
- UK is represented in Brussels by “one twenty-eighth of a eurocrat”
- Scrapping EU agricultural policy would “cut food bills by up to 17%”
- EU plans to tax e-cigarettes 57% on top of VAT
- EU is to ban custard creams
- EU won’t let you recycle a teabag
- EU won’t allow children under eight to blow up balloons
- EU is plotting to introduce taxes on emptying dustbins
- EU prevents us re-using empty egg boxes
- EU dictates distance houses must be from heaths to stop cats chasing birds
Join the Vox Political Facebook page.
If you have appreciated this article, don’t forget to share it using the buttons at the bottom of this page. Politics is about everybody – so let’s try to get everybody involved!
Vox Political needs your help!
If you want to support this site
(but don’t want to give your money to advertisers)
you can make a one-off donation here:
Buy Vox Political books so we can continue
fighting for the facts.
Health Warning: Government! is now available
in either print or eBook format here:
The first collection, Strong Words and Hard Times,
is still available in either print or eBook format here: