It seems Boris Johnson is about to be revealed as a liar again – and this time he won’t be able to hide it by cutting video of a speech.
BoJob categorically denied that he was considering calling a general election – but the fact that he has been talking with election advisor Lynton Crosby, and his cronies have been competing to be involved, suggest that this is not true.
With Labour trying to build a consensus for a “no confidence” vote in Mr Johnson and his “no deal” Brexit, it seems the real battle is over who gets to call an election first.
Boris Johnson’s No 10 operation is increasingly on an election footing, with leaked internal emails revealing he was due to meet the political strategist Sir Lynton Crosby.
As Conservative advisers come under intense pressure to produce manifesto ideas quickly, a well placed source said Johnson had a meeting set up in the next few days with Crosby, the election guru who worked on the campaigns of David Cameron in 2015 and Theresa May in 2017.
Johnson is a longtime friend of Crosby, who worked on his London mayoral campaigns, and the pair are understood to have talked informally on the phone regularly during his leadership campaign.
Source: Emails reveal Boris Johnson laying groundwork for election campaign | Politics | The Guardian
Have YOU donated to my crowdfunding appeal, raising funds to fight false libel claims by TV celebrities who should know better? These court cases cost a lot of money so every penny will help ensure that wealth doesn’t beat justice.
Vox Political needs your help!
If you want to support this site
(but don’t want to give your money to advertisers)
you can make a one-off donation here:
Here are four ways to be sure you’re among the first to know what’s going on.
1) Register with us by clicking on ‘Subscribe’ (in the left margin). You can then receive notifications of every new article that is posted here.
2) Follow VP on Twitter @VoxPolitical
3) Like the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/VoxPolitical/
Join the Vox Political Facebook page.
4) You could even make Vox Political your homepage at http://voxpoliticalonline.com
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
If you have appreciated this article, don’t forget to share it using the buttons at the bottom of this page. Politics is about everybody – so let’s try to get everybody involved!
Buy Vox Political books so we can continue
fighting for the facts.
The Livingstone Presumption is now available
in either print or eBook format here:
Health Warning: Government! is now available
in either print or eBook format here:
The first collection, Strong Words and Hard Times,
is still available in either print or eBook format here:
We know the Tory manifesto, same as the last ones, perhaps you could forward it their twitter accounts:
1) kill as many poor and disabled people as possible
2) Give tax cuts to the extremely wealthy
3) Burn as much fossil fuels as possible, to maximise short term revenue for corporate friends. This involves more pointless infrastructure projects, more fracking, more sand dredging, etc
4) Reduce corporation tax again, so far that it becomes a minus.
5) Join in America’s illegal wars, where-ever they happen to be.
6) Say any old bulls**t just to get elected
7) Privatise whatever’s left to sell off
They’ve been pretty consistent for the last 40 years, why would they change now?
What a stark difference between the Parties. Labour has a manifesto hammered out at a democratic conference for delegates, and the leadership , more or less, stick to those policies, only tweaking or shading them according to circumstances changing. But Bojob and the Tory Cabinet just get in unelected advisors like Dominic Cummings and Lynton Crosby and they sit down and dream up the policies on the spot!! The membership are then expected to support them like sheep.(Admittedly, that is exactly what they do!)
we being run by crooks traitors gate needs reopening